The inspiration for my work predominantly comes from the colours and designs in nature. I love to work intuitively and not get too hindered by the constraints of an intellectual, academic approach to making art. My art comes from a personal place and life experiences. I am drawn to making the everyday magical, lyrical, opulent, alive. I hope my work reminds you that the world can be and is a beautiful place and connects you with the heart and soul of life.
Celine Donegan is an expressionist style painter, working in oils. Her paintings have been exhibited in Australian galleries since 2002 and are in collections in Australia, England, France, Germany, Croatia and Sweden. Her studio base, Luck St Studio is situated in the small Adelaide Hills town of Macclesfield,(established 2005).
In 2011 Celine was nominated for the prestigious International Palm Art Award in Leipzig ,Germany and again in 2013 for the 10th Anniversary of the Palm Art Award, (for which she was awarded a certificate of excellence).
An invitation to exhibit with Trevisan International Arts/TIA , Italy commenced with participation in small works exhibition in Bologna in 2013.
Upcoming International exhibitions include:
- World Wide Art Fair, Los Angeles Convention Centre, Los Angeles, October 16-19, 2014
- Selection for participation in the 2nd Biennale Palermo and Florence, Italy Jan- March 2015.
Celine’s work is published in:
- Important World Artists Vol 1, World Wide Art Books/WWAB, California 2013
- Arte Energia Creativa, International Catalogue of Contemporary Artists, Italy 2013
- Who’s Who in Visual Art – 100 Artists in Painting, Graphic Arts, Digital Arts, Sculpture Vol 2014-15., (Art Domain Whois Verlag)
Studies include Fine Art at Adelaide Central School of Art/ACSA, participation in Drawing Masterclasses/Marathons with Christopher Orchard, (ACSA 2012) and Graham Nickson, (New York Studio School 2007).
Works available include canvas, works on paper and limited edition prints.